2022 Toyota Tacoma Towing Capacity
If you are looking for a versatile pickup that can do it all, you will definitely want to check out the Toyota Tacoma at Atkins Kroll Guam. Its rugged design makes it ideal for weekend adventures around Hagatna and Dededo. When properly equipped with the Toyota Tacoma tow package, the Toyota Tacoma towing capacity reaches up to 6,800 pounds! Learn more about its towing power and the features that contribute to its capability with Atkins Kroll Guam below.
What is the Toyota Tacoma Towing Capacity?
While the Toyota Tacoma towing capacity across all trim levels is 3,500 pounds, its capability can be boosted to 6,800 pounds with the proper trailer hitch. The Toyota Tacoma tow package makes it possible for your Tacoma to reach its full potential. The Tacoma can truly tow it all, whether that’s a small camper, boat, dirt bike, or something else for your next weekend getaway.
Tacoma SR Towing Capacity
- 4×2 Access Cab w/ 4-Cylinder Engine 6-Speed Automatic Transmission & 6-feet Bed – 3,500 pounds
- 4×2 Access Cab w/ V6 Engine 6-Speed Automatic Transmission & 6-feet Bed – 6,800 pounds
- 4×2 Double Cab w/ 4-Cylinder Engine 6-Speed Automatic Transmission & 5-feet Bed – 3,500 pounds
- 4×4 Access Cab w/ 4-Cylinder Engine 6-Speed Automatic Transmission & 6-feet Bed – 3,500 pounds
- 4×4 Access Cab w/ V6 Engine 6-Speed Automatic Transmission & 6-feet Bed – 6,500 pounds
Toyota Tacoma Performance Specifications
You will have two outstanding engine options to choose from, which will affect your Toyota Tacoma towing capacity.
2.7L DOHC 4-cylinder engine
- 159 horsepower
- 180 lb-ft of torque
3.5L V6 Direct-Injection Atkinson Cycle engine
- 278 horsepower
- 265 lb-ft of torque
Features that Boost Performance
You want to ensure you are towing as efficiently and safely as possible. These features below are designed to do just that.
- Toyota Safety Sense™
- Coil-spring double-wishbone front suspension
- Standard six-speed Electronically Controlled automatic Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i)
- Variable-assist power rack-and-pinion steering
- Hill Start Assist Control
- Sport-tuned suspension (TRD Off-Road Sport)
- Tuned suspension with Bilstein® shocks (TRD Off-Road)
- Electronically controlled locking rear differential (TRD Off-Road)
Toyota Tacoma Tow Package
To achieve the maximum Toyota Tacoma towing capacity, you will need to outfit your vehicle with the Toyota Tacoma tow package. The Toyota Tacoma tow package has a number of features that enhance performance and safety, so you can tow with complete peace of mind on the roads of Yigo.
- A class IV receiver hitch with trailing wiring
- A 4/7-pin connector that sits cleanly inside the three-piece bumper
- Transmission cooler
- Engine oil cooler
- 130-amp alternator
- Heavy-duty battery
- Trailer-Sway Control
The Truck of Your Dreams Awaits at Atkins Kroll Guam
If the Toyota Tacoma towing capacity has piqued your interest, why not see all of the other amazing features it has to offer at Atkins Kroll Guam? Stop by our showroom, or contact us today with any questions.
More from Atkins Kroll Guam
The 2022 Toyota Tundra proves that you do not have to sacrifice efficiency in favor of robust performance. You can truly have it all. For this model year, the 5.7L V8 engine was replaced in favor of a more efficient powertrain option. What’s more? There is also a new hybrid option that is sure…
If you are looking for an adventure-ready SUV in Hagatna, you truly cannot go wrong with the Toyota RAV4. If this fan-favorite SUV has piqued your interest, you may be wondering, “How much can a 2022 Toyota RAV4 tow?” When properly equipped with Torque Vectoring AWD, the Toyota RAV4 towing capacity can reach as…
If you are looking for a versatile pickup that can do it all, you will definitely want to check out the Toyota Tacoma at Atkins Kroll Guam. Its rugged design makes it ideal for weekend adventures around Hagatna and Dededo. When properly equipped with the Toyota Tacoma tow package, the Toyota Tacoma towing capacity reaches up…